- Download 107
- File Size 1,088.61 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 2, 2019
- Last Updated December 11, 2019
Ubuntu Server 18.04.2
This Ubuntu Server 18.04.2 OVA was created in VMware Workstation using basic common sense. I DO believe in working AS the root user (instead of all the 'sudo' garbage) but I DO NOT believe in allowing direct root access, so you'll have to su.
- The username is: administrator
- The password for administrator is: P@ssw0rd
- SSH is open, but not directly for root
- root is available after logging in as administrator by using the command: su -
- The password for root is: P@ssw0rd
Here are some simple steps to get started:
- Import the OVA to your hypervisor
- Determine the IP address
- Connect using SSH with the username: administrator and password: P@ssw0rd
- Once connected, type: su -
- When prompted for the root user password, type: P@ssword
- Change the password for administrator by typing: passwd administrator
- Change the password for root by typing: passwd: root
- Change the server hostname by editing the file: /etc/hostname
- Reboot by typing: reboot NOTE: This is now your server!
- Continue by adding components such as on The Perfect Server tutorials on HowtoForge.