- Download 15
- File Size 4,445.45 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 12, 2019
- Last Updated December 11, 2019
Kali Linux Virtual Appliance OVA
This Kali Linux (Desktop) OVA was created in VMware Workstation using basic common sense. Kali is the default OS used for security and Penetration Testing. It contains many pre-configured packages specifically for security testing and network reconnaissance. Also, I have installed the open-vm-tools-desktop binary to make the screen run correctly in hypervisors like VMware Workstation.
- The username is: administrator
- The password for administrator is: P@ssw0rd
- root is available after logging in as administrator by using the command: su -
- The password for root is: P@ssw0rd
- NOTE: in terminal, root may be used directly.
Here are some simple steps to get started:
- Import the OVA to your hypervisor
- Connect with the username: administrator and password: P@ssw0rd
- Open: Terminal
- Once connected, type: su -
- When prompted for the root user password, type: P@ssword
- Change the password for administrator by typing: passwd administrator
- Change the password for root by typing: passwd: root
- Change the server hostname by editing the file: /etc/hostname
- Reboot by typing: reboot NOTE: This is now your server!